Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Quiet Book

Well, I decided during my stay in Utah I would try and start some new hobbies.   One was fitness. The other, sewing.  So, intelligent me decides I would try and conquer a quiet book for Cohen as my first official sewing project.  Thanks to Jan and my mother, I am very pleased with the outcome. They are amazing seamstresses.  I just cannot tell you how much sweat, blood, and hours this thing took!  Incredible.  I do believe I would absolutely love to continue my sewing endeavor; however, we just have some big things in our lives right now that I need to work on first. Here it is:


My mother designed the cover.  I am very pleased with the way it turned out.  Next time, I would like to include a zipper to help hold all of the gadgets in.

 Noah's Ark.  Those are all finger puppets from IKEA.  Cohen loves to play with the animals.  

This was on of my own ideas.  The bees can come off.  Cohen is supposed to count the bees.   

 This book was made for all my "future" children.  This is intended for a younger age; however, Cohen really likes to play with it still.  The elephant's head just velcros to the body.  I copied this page from someone...hopefully, I will find all my credits and get this edited.

This page is so fun.  I found a lot of different ideas and tried to compile it into my own design.  The bottom wave is a huge pocket to hold all of the fish when we are done playing.  The fish have magnets in the heads so he can "fish" them out of the ocean with the magnetic fishing pole.  There are different color fish, a dolphin, and a whale.  

 This was another "copy cat" page that is an exact replica.  However, the original is much better.  There is a pattern for this on imagineourlife.com.  Again, for a younger age. Very cute though!  

This is a page to simply help count.  There are so many great ideas for this as well.  

This was one of my favorite pages. It's a garden!  You pick the veggies and then match them up.  You will find carrots, onions, and beets.  

I wanted a page to be a little time consuming.  So, we added an "I Spy" page.  There are all kinds of fun things to find.  The only thing I didn't do (maybe some day I will wish I took the time) is add a key.  It does make my book a little heavy too :)

This was another "copy cat" page from imagineourlife.com.  You take the socks out and match them up.  Cohen loves to match things and he is quite good at it for his young age.

This was just a simple page I threw in to help him learn his shapes.  I decided to have them snap on to help him with snaps too.  

This is a simple puzzle I came up with.  I used my cricut machine to help me out with this.  I love that machine!

Cohen always has to say "the end" when we are done reading our books.  So, I had to throw this page in there.  I decided to do it in different colors to help him learn his colors.  
Thanks for looking at Cohen's quiet book.  They are wonderful things for church, outings, etc...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so impressed! I made one for each of my girls for Christmas this last year and was blown away with how long it took to make. So much longer than I had thought. I'm kind of bummed though, because actually seeing them play with it, I am realizing I should have made it a little more durable. Can I use some of your ideas when I remake mine?!? Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Please use whatever you would like Steph! Gosh, I was just thinking about you today and thinking we missed hanging out with you guys a lot!

    ReplyDelete