Wednesday, August 22, 2012

16 Weeks and Growing!!!

Wow.  These were already taken almost 2 weeks ago.  I finally feel GOOD.  Goodbye gagging, nausea, puking, fatigue, etc...on and on and ON!  I welcomed the second trimester, gladly :)  I am definitely growing rather quickly.  And, the best update I can give is...I will have another normal pregnancy.  As many of you know, we experienced a little miracle with this little one.  Those of you who haven't heard, read on.  Our hearts are full of gratitude towards our family and especially our Heavenly Father and his tender mercies.  We have felt like the last few months have been nothing but trial after trial.  We have experienced more struggles these last few months than we have our entire marriage, maybe in some aspects, even lifetime.  It was no coincidence that the bishop had me speak on "choosing to be happy" in sacrament meeting a couple weeks ago.  I needed it.  I needed it badly.  Anyway,  at my last OBGYN appointment my doctor sat me down and explained to me that I had a rare antibody show up in my blood work that was done at the beginning of the pregnancy.  This antibody was called the Anti M antibody.  She didn't know much about it since she has never really had to deal with a patient that had it.  Therefore, she was in contact with a specialist.  She proceeded to tell me I needed to go straight to the main hospital to get a new blood work test completed to see where the titer levels were at.  These levels were going to determine how the rest of my pregnancy was going to pan out.  I was considered a high risk pregnancy and we just needed to see how many times I needed to have appointments, ultrasounds, etc...She said the main thing we needed to watch was my blood.  We needed to make sure that my blood wouldn't start attacking the baby.  She also mentioned baby could be premature, have to have blood transfusions, could be born with hemolytic disease, etc...However, she reassured me that this was the best antibody to show up in my blood out of many others.  After research, we learned blood work is EXTREMELY complicated.  Also, we realized that even though there were some really bad outcomes with this antibody, there were also many times when the baby was born completely fine depending on some other factors like mother's blood type, father's blood type, titer levels, etc...After I left the doctor's office, I walked down to the main hospital.  As I was walking, I had my first break down.  I think it was mostly a feeling of why, why did I need just another thing added onto my list of troubles?  However, after speaking with my husband and mother I started to come around and turned to my Heavenly Father.  I had an overwhelming peace that everything would be okay, one way or another.  In addition, our family held a family fast in our behalf.  So, we had another OBGYN appointment to go over the new blood work results and figure out what to do from there.  When we showed up, it took FOREVER for the doctor to come in.  Finally, she came in and said she was on the verge of cussing out some people because they cancelled some of her tests that they were supposed to do on my blood work.  I thought, here we go...Well, she then told us they cancelled it because they could no longer detect the antibody in my blood.  She was shocked and the specialist told us to go ahead and act as if it never showed up.  Some may call it a fluke.  However, I know what happened.  Fasting not only  allows you to see God's love and mercy for His children, but it shows you how awesome your family's faith and prayers are.  They work.  The Lord listens when we doubt not and completely submit ourselves to His will.  I'm slowly learning this.  I thank him for this tender mercy.  Even though I am still having a hard time getting through some things right now, I know he is aware of me and my feelings, and our family's situation.  We're not alone.  It'll work out in His timing.  Scotty and I have learned to love the scripture, Mormon 9:21.  It reads, "Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth."  This scripture is so powerful.  I think there is so much more behind "doubting nothing."  It shows our trust in the Lord.  How much do we trust him?  I know I can endure this and get through, but I want to endure it well.  I can endure it well with the help of my family and Heavenly Father.  It'll work out.  This little miracle showed us how much He really is aware of us and our little family.  

Thanks for reading my thoughts I have had lately.  We are truly blessed and I am so grateful for the gospel in my life.  Here are a few pics of the growing babe...



No comments:

Post a Comment