Monday, October 15, 2012

All About Cohen

Scott and I cannot get over how much joy and happiness this kid brings to us.  He literally cracks us up all the time.  We wanted to catch everyone up on some of the things he is up to.  Cohen is growing and learning like crazy on a daily basis.  I am trying to record some funny sayings and stories as the days go by; however, I feel like I am failing a little at the task.  I hope to do better.  Here are a few funny stories that we always want to remember:
  1. The other day, right before I walked out the door for work, Cohen said, "Mommy, I poo pooed! (imagine hand gestures) A really BIG poo poo!"
  2. While I was at work, Cohen snuck into the cookies without asking Scott.  Cohen decided to share with Layah as well.  When Scott saw Layah with a huge cookie hanging out of her mouth, he figured out what was going on rather quickly.  After Scott took the cookie from Layah, Cohen ran over to Layah comforting her and saying, "I'm sorry princess (giving lots of hugs), Daddy take cookie away.  Not nice!"
  3. This might be a little bit of too much info, but oh well...A while back, I was using the restroom and needed more toilet paper.  I called for Cohen and he came running.  I knew he has seen us grab toilet paper before, so I decided to try to get him to go get me some.  I asked him to go grab mommy some toilet paper.  He came back with a notebook of paper.  So, I decided to try to get him to get me some of his wipes.  Well, he definitely understood that message and came back with a hand full of wipes.  When I reached out to grab the wipes from him, he said, "No mommy, I wipe bum like you wipe mine!"  Hahahaha!
  4. Scott and Rob decided to go golfing one day.  Cohen and I went outside to say goodbye. Cohen was driving his truck around as they loaded the car to go.  After we said goodbye and they were pulling away Cohen yells, "Wait!! Daddy don't go!"  Then he turns to me in disgust, "Mom, he not listening to me!  Ahhh, gosh!  He not listening!  Daddy go bye and not listen."  Then he says, "Uncle! Come back!  Ahhh, he not listen to me either! Oh, gosh!"  (He says "oh my gosh" all the time because of me)
  5. We LOVE how Cohen always says "I go sleeping," or "Come on mom, go sleeping!"
  6. Cohen also loves to be the boss of the dogs.  It is so cute to listen to him take the dogs outside and try to get them back inside.  He sounds like a mini me.  
We gave the potty training process a try a few months ago.  He just isn't quite ready yet.  We are in no hurry.  We are letting Cohen call the shots on this one. He does use his toilet at least once on a daily basis...so maybe soon we will give it another shot.  Doesn't he look adorable in his little undies??!!



 Poor little guy got a slight abrasion on his right eye back in September.  It was one of the saddest things ever.  As you can see from the photos below, his eye was feeling good enough to peek through his ever so clean eye patch.  He snuck into some orange pop and got some on his eye patch.  Then, notice he figured out that he could suck some of that orange pop right off the patch.  Gross!


 Some big boy pictures!



We got Cohen a little desk set up in the family room where he can do some activities, coloring, etc...

Scott said he bundled himself up one morning when he was cold.  

 We finally got dressed up and took some pictures before we ran into town one night.  



 This is proud big brother when we found out he would be a BIG brother to a LITTLE brother.  

 One day, Cohen decided to bring his toilet out into the dining room to use the restroom.  I think he just wanted our company.  Silly boy!



 I wonder where Cohen gets his silliness from?  Any guesses?!


No comments:

Post a Comment