Monday, April 30, 2012

May I Introduce F. Scott Larsen, J.D., Attorney at Law

April 19, 2012 will be a day we will NEVER forget!  We have WAITED and waited for that day since February 29, 2012, the day that Scott took the bar.  Can you believe the results take that long to come back?! Yeah, me neither...  Complete, Absolute, Torture!  Well, at 9:00am on April 19, 2012, we frantically searched for Scotty's name on the Idaho Bar's Successful Applicant List.  And, we FOUND it.  He did it!  After nearly 8 years of school, Scotty is now the most recent addition to the Idaho State Bar!  So, so proud of him!  For the full story, read on.

Since February 29, 2012, we have been anxiously waiting to hear the results from Scotty's bar.  There were so many different emotions experienced, especially with me.  I will give you some examples of my roller coaster emotions, "What is going to happen if we have to take it again?" "Is Scotty going to ever find a job?" "Why am I lacking in Faith?" "How are we going to make it financially?"  "I'm positive Scotty totally passed it."  "Wait, but what if...?" "I need to hear an answer from Heavenly Father."  As a result of these crazy emotions, I decided to pray.  I prayed and prayed.  To be honest, every time I prayed I felt at peace.  Then, leave it up to me and my doubts and fears to convince myself that the Lord was giving me this peace of mind to tell me that things would eventually be okay even if we had to deal with the worst case scenario.  So, back and forth I went.  Totally confident one day, doubting the next.  So, getting on with this story, April finally came and the days grew a little longer as we got closer to the 19th.  A couple nights before, Scotty and I both just didn't sleep much.  The night before, Scotty didn't sleep that well but I was so tired I got to sleep.  Then, the morning of, we were both just so calm.  It was like we both secretly knew his name was on there but just didn't want to admit it out loud JUST in case ;)  I must say, the fifteen minutes leading up to 9:00am was complete torture!  As soon as the computer hit 9:00am, Scotty had it set to pull up directly to the list!  So, as he did that he slowly scrolled down to where we could see all the names.  Both of us were just frantically looking for F. Scott Larsen.  I couldn't find it and then, Scotty pointed to it.  There it was!  We both just took off running and screaming (don't ask me why we took off running).  Then my tears came.  Oh boy did they come.  I was jumping on Scotty, hugging him and laughing in disbelief.  Then, unable to appreciate the significance of the event, poor Cohen started crying because mommy was.  It was like a HUGE, GINORMOUS burden was lifted off of our family's shoulders.  Instantly, we went and said a family prayer of thanksgiving to our Father in Heaven.  He has blessed us so much.  Now, on to our next adventure!

The following is a link to where the list of successful bar applicants can be found.  See how long it takes to find Scott's name.  Then times that by 1000.  That's about how long if felt when we searched for his name.

http://www.isb.idaho.gov/admissions/bar_exam_results/successful_applicants.html

No comments:

Post a Comment