different pancake toppings and syrups to spice it up a little. I mean, maple syrup is delicious and I could eat it DAILY, but I do think change is good sometimes ;) To my surprise, I found a keeper!!! This is a Honey-Orange Syrup.
Honey-Orange Syrup
- 1 Cup Organic Honey
- Zest of One Orange
- Juice of One Orange
1. Wash an orange and zest completely. Juice the orange.
2. In a small pot, whisk together honey and the freshly squeezed orange juice over medium heat. Continue stirring until mixture comes to a boil and the orange juice is completely incorporated.
3. Remove from heat and stir in orange zest.
4. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Sauce will thicken as it cools. Transfer to a jug for serving or a glass for storing.
Please note: This syrup will stay refrigerated up to two weeks. It is best served warm! This is absolutely DELICIOUS poured over pancakes or try it over a fresh bowl of fruit. It is Healthy, Easy, and Delicious!
Who can resist that??!!
No comments:
Post a Comment