Yep, it goes right here! If you look closely at these adorable pictures, you will see my little man icing his bandaged up thumb! While attempting to take away my drinking can from him (because I was so worried he was going to spill all over grandma and grandpa's carpet), I sliced his thumb! I'm talking blood everywhere, screaming child, crying mama and a very sliced up thumb. I was literally an emotional wreck! Here I am in the medical field and have seen more than you all would EVER want to know or hear about, and I absolutely couldn't function when I saw the blood and him in pain! I called out for help from Jan and then she proceeded to call Tera to come up and help too! I am so, so grateful for these two for so many reasons! While I am sitting there crying and trying to hold Cohen, they got his thumb all cleaned and bandaged up! I sit there and play it over and over in my head again and the truth is...I seriously lacked in the TAKE ACTION, STAY CALM and FOCUS part! To make matters worse, this was already a day where my patience was rather slim to none. So, to sum it up...I deserve this award and I feel about an inch tall right now! Therefore, a big thank you to Tera and Jan, and I will be doing a huge self reflection tonight! So, here's to a better day TOMORROW! I LOVE YOU BABY COHEN!!! MOMMY'S SORRY!!!
You are such a good Mommy :) It's so different when it's your little munchkin hurt and needing help. I must warn you though... he's a boy, so I PROMISE (sadly so) there will be PLENTY more of these traumatic moments in the future. And OH BOY! Multiply that by ten if you have ANOTHER boy next! They get in so much more mischief when they're teamed up ;)
ReplyDelete